- Check water level (full tank)
- Open inlet pipe and close outlet.
- To ensure complete coverage all cattle must be dry before dipping
- Ensure dip is mixed according to manufacturer’s instructions, paying attention to correct strengths, premixing and mixing instructions
- Under strength dipping is never cost effective – it only leads to incomplete tick control and resistance.
- Agitate the dip wash.
- This can be done effectively by running 20-30 head through the dip and then returning them to the main herd to be dipped again.
- Make sure the dip wash is not too dirty. This can render the dip less effective.
- As dips ‘strip out’ a maximum of 500 head should be dipped before replenishing the dip.
- An accurate cattle count must be made and recorded.
- All animals must be submerged completely. If the dip tank is silted up so that animals do not submerge it must be emptied and cleaned.
- Close inlet and open outlet pipes.
- Clean collecting pen and drainage pen to prevent build up of mud and dung.
- Clean footbaths.
- Repair broken pens etc.
- Collect remaining dip and empty dip containers and dispose of them suitably.
Before Dipping During Dipping After dipping Tell your Besties … Facebook Twitter Linkedin Tumblr Reddit Pinterest Whatsapp Telegram Post Views: 56 Related posts: KCSE ENGLISH GRAMMAR AND LITERATURE NOTES AFRICAN MORAL AND CULTURAL VALUES DEVELOPMENT OF AGRICULTURE NOTES GRADE 7 TERM 1 CRE NOTES Describe the function of various parts of a plunge dip Below…