Outline six ways in which wind negatively affects agricultural production
Negative effects of wind in crop production.
- Result sin soil erosion/ loss of plant nutrients thus poor crop growth.
- Results in lodging of cereal crops/ breaking of branches.
- Spreading of diseases, weed seeds and pests.
- Disperses rain bearing clouds resulting into lack of rainfall.
- It encourages transpiration hence wilting.
- Destroys farm structures e.g crop stores green houses etc.
- Transfers agro- chemical such as herbicides to unwanted areas during spraying.
- Accelerates the rate of evapotranspiration.
- Causes stress to crops and young livestock due to chilling caused by cold winds/frost.