Explain five functions of the senate in Kenya. (10 marks)
- Represents and protects the interest of the counties and their governments.
- Participants in the law-making function of parliament by debating and approving Bills
- concerning the counties.
- Determines the allocation of national revenue among counties.
- Oversees expenditures of national revenue allocated to the county government.
- Participates in considering and determining any resolutions to remove the president or Deputy president from office.
- May initiate bills concerning the counties.