Traditional African understanding of spirits.
- Spirits are invisible /do not have a physical form
- Spirits are more powerful than human beings
- They are believed to be residing in caves/rives/ trees /rocks
- Spirits can acquire physical forms/appear to human beings inform of birds /animals
- Spirits have the ability to enter human beings and through them to convey messages/reveal certain truths
- Spirits act as mediators between God and human beings
- Spirits change according to circumstances /they can bring either harm or good to people.