The equation below represents a process that takes place in plants.
Name the process. (1mk)
State three conditions necessary for the process to take place. (3mks)
- Presence of light
- Carbon IV Oxide
- Optimum temperature
State three ways in which leaves are adapted to carry out the process named in Above efficiency (3mks)
- Broad flat lamina to provide large surface area for absorption light and Carbon IV Oxide.
- Thin leaf for light and CO2 to pass through a short distance.
- Presence of stomata for efficient diffusion of Carbon IV Oxide.
- Transparent cuticle to allow penetration of light to cells.
- Veins conduct water and mineral.
What is the role of light during the light stage of photosynthesis? (1mk)
- Light energy is absorbed by Chlorophyll and is used to split water molecules into Oxygen + Hydrogen.
- Light energy is also converted to Chemical energy that is used in dark stage.