Promises that the Israelites made when they renewed their covenant with God during the time of Nehemiah (Nehemiah 10:28- 29)
- They were to live according to Gods/law obey all his
- They would not intermarry with the foreigners living in their land
- They promised not to farm every seventh year/they were to cancel all the debts
- They would make an annual contribution towards temple expenses /not to neglect the house of God.
- They were to provide wood for burnt sacrifices
- They were to offer the first fruits of their harvest/dedicated their first born sons/flocks as required by the law.
- They would pay their tithes in accordance with the law
- They will not do any business on the Sabbath day.