Humans continue with God’s creation in several ways:
- Protecting and caring for creation: According to the first document, humans are tasked with protecting and caring for all aspects of God’s creation, including animals, birds, plants, and marine life. This means taking responsibility for the well-being and preservation of the natural world.
- Acquiring basic needs: As mentioned in the first document, humans are expected to work to acquire their basic needs. This means engaging in productive activities to provide for themselves and their families. By doing so, they fulfill their role in God’s creation.
- Being co-creators with God: The first document states that humans are co-creators with God. This means that through their work and actions, humans continue the creative work of God. By using their talents, skills, and abilities, humans contribute to the ongoing development and improvement of the world around them.
- Revealing God through their work: According to the first document, God reveals Himself through His work of creation. Humans, being created in the image and likeness of God, have the opportunity to reflect His nature through their work. By striving for excellence, orderliness, and creativity in their endeavors, humans can glorify God and show His attributes to the world.
- Cooperative undertaking: In the first document, it is mentioned that Eve was created to be Adam’s helper. This highlights the importance of cooperation and collaboration among humans. Working together, supporting one another, and sharing resources are essential in continuing with God’s creation.
- Praising hard work and avoiding laziness: The first document emphasizes the value of hard work and condemns laziness. Christians are encouraged to work diligently to provide for their daily needs and not become a burden to others. By being industrious, humans contribute to the development and progress of society.
- Enjoying and respecting God’s creation: The second document highlights that humans should enjoy and use God’s creation. It encourages treating the rest of creation with reverence and respect. This means appreciating the beauty and diversity of the natural world and being responsible stewards of the environment.
- Interdependence with the environment: The second document emphasizes that humans and the environment are interdependent. They owe their existence to each other. This implies that humans should recognize their interconnectedness with the natural world and take actions to sustain and protect it.
- Seeking answers from God: The third document suggests that despite advances in science and technology, there are mysteries of the universe and creation that humans cannot fully understand. Thus, humans turn to God for answers and guidance. This highlights the importance of seeking spiritual wisdom and relying on God’s wisdom in continuing with His creation.
In summary, humans continue with God’s creation by protecting and caring for it, working to acquire their needs, being co-creators with God, reflecting His attributes through their work, cooperating with one another, praising hard work, enjoying and respecting His creation, recognizing their interdependence with the environment, and seeking answers from God.