- Do not soak vegetables and fruits in washing water because it dissolves nutrients
- Wash fruits in cold water because hot water destroys heat sensitive vitamins
- Wash the vegetables before chopping/cutting to avoid loss of vitamins and nutrients Which dissolves in water
- Buy vegetables when they are fresh
- Shred/cut/chop before cooking because exposing for long periods causes oxidation of vitamins
- Avoid buying large quantities of vegetables and fruits that requires storage as it causes nutrients loss
- Whenever possible take fruits in their raw form because there are more nutritious.
people found this article helpful. What about you?