- Rhesus factor-to check if the rhesus factor is negative or positive. If mothers rhesus factor is negative the problem is dealt with by the doctors
- Haemoglobin level-to check if the mother is anemic or normal. If anaemic, iron and folic acid tablets and dietary advice is given
- Rubella or measles-to check if she is immune to rubella or measles
- Blood group-to determine blood group whether AB, O, A, B
- HIV testing- to understand the implication of a positive or negative result on the baby.
people found this article helpful. What about you?