State FIVE characteristics of early agriculture in Europe before the agrarian revolution.
- Land was owned by the feudal kings who distributed it to the nobility. The nobility then rentedto the peasant.
- Agriculture was practiced for subsistence purposes mainly to feed the family.
- Practiced open field system where land was unfenced.
- Simple farm implements were used.
- Poor farming methods
- Farmers grew poor quality plants and kept poor quality animals.
- Inadequate feeds during winter made farmers to slaughter most of the animals.
- Uncontrolled animal and plant diseases that were also spreading very fast because ofunfenced and common grazing fields.