Explain six functions of monarchy in Britain. (12 marks)
- To invite and Commission the leader of the Party with majority support in the House of commons to form the government.
- The ceremonial and legal head of British government who summons and opens the new parliament.
- Opens parliament by reading a speech prepared by the government.
- Symbol of national unity and focus of loyalty – symbol of accepted social standards o the society government function in the name of the Monarchy.
- Nominates and accredits members of the House of Lords.
- Commander – in – chief of the armed forces.