Explain FIVE effects of Agrarian Revolution in Britain.
- Increased food production/Adequate food supply.
- Higher life expectancy and improved standards of living.
- Diversification of agriculture.
- Farmers abandoned small scale/subsistence farming and established large scale/plantation farming.
- Land enclosure system led to landlessness among peasant farmers causing them to migrate.
- Agro-based industries developed in Europe as they were provided with agricultural raw materials.
- Agriculture became commercialized led to expansion of local and international trade.
- Development of transport infrastructure.
- Scientific research and inventions in agriculture were promoted.
- Landless farmers migrated to USA, Canada, New Zealand and Spread of agrarian revolution to these countries.
- Establishment of Royal society in 1838 whose journals publicized the new ideas and techniques of learning all over the country.