Briefly explain six factors influencing mass wasting.
- -The slope of the land-Steep slopes leads to faster movement of materials.
- -The nature of material-Mass wasting occurs easily where massive rocks overlie sedimentary rocks which have clay material underneath and also if the material contains a lot of water.
- -Climate-Heavy rainy periods encourage wasting
- -Vegetation cover-It is easy and faster in bare ground than where it iscovered with vegetation.
- -Human activities-Eg deforestation, building, quarring etc interferes with the stability of surface layers.
- -Forces within the earths crust eg earth tremors and some volcanic eruptions.