State two advantages of using fiber optic cables.
- Noise resistance: It is immune to EMI.
- Less signal attenuation: signal can run for miles without requiring regeneration.
- Higher bandwidth: fibre optic cable can support dramatically higher bandwidths (and hence data rate) than all other cables.
- Smaller and lighter than copper cable hence space limited situations.
- Can be used in hazardous (highly flammable) places because they do not
- generate electrical signals.
- Very fast (in light form)