Ways in which King David promoted the worship of Yahweh
- David brought the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem. This signified God’s presence
- among the people
- He made Jerusalem the holy religious city.
- He composed the psalms which were used in worship by the Israelites
- He showed respect to the prophets of Yahweh
- When David did mistakes, he humbly repented.
- He advised the Israelites to obey God’s commandments.
- David constantly prayed to God and in so doing acted as an example to the Israelites.
- David praised God through songs and dance
- David wanted to build a temple for God where the Ark of the convent would be kept.