The suffering of prophet Jeremiah during his ministry.
- He was rejected by his own family/relatives
- People made false accusations against him
- He was threatened with death because of speaking for God
- He lived a lonely solitary life/was commanded to neither marry nor attend any social gathering.
- His message was rejected by the Israelites.
- He went through spiritual struggle as he saw the evil prosper while the righteous suffered
- He was physically assaulted/beaten
- The enemies attempted to kill him. Mocked
- He was imprisoned /jailed.
- He was arrested and put on trial.