The dangers of illicit drugs among the youth in Kenya today.
- There is an increase in rate of crimes committed/theft.
- Use of illicit drugs leads to sexual immorality/contracting sexually transmitted infections/HIV Aids
- Dependence on illicit drugs depletes resources/lower productivity leading to poverty.
- Illicit drugs can damage vital organs/cause ill health
- illicit drugs cause indiscipline, in institutions of learning
- The number of street children/families is increasing as a result of using drugs.
- Use of illicit drugs is illegal; the offenders are liable for punishment/imprisonment.
- Use of illicit drugs can cause employer/employee conflicts.
- illicit drug users become irresponsible/quarrelsome/irritable leading to family disagreements/breakup.
- Use of illicit drugs can lead to murder/death
- Use of illicit drugs can lead to addiction.