Give six reasons why it is important to have laws in a country.
- Laws safeguard people’s rights/citizens’ rights.
- People’s property is protected under the law
- They protect the consumer from exploitation
- It allows/provides for economic development/growth.
- Individuals are able to enjoy the freedom of worship.
- The law acts as a check/measure of those in authority
- The law outlines how foreigners should be handled
- They control taxation/collection of revenue
- It enables the government to protect its citizens against oppression.
- The law determines the type of punitive measures for a crime done/prevents crime.
- It ensures political stability in a country nation
- It outlines the relationship between different nations/countries.