Failure of King Saul
- Saul demonstrated impatience in his leadership i.e he went a head to offer sacrifices to God instead of waiting for Samuel.
- He failed to obey God’s instructions to destroy everything and spared King Agag of the Amalekits.
- Saul became jealous and plotted to kill David when he learned that he had been chosen to be the next king of Israel.
- He consulted a medium so as to communicate with the spirit of Samuel who died, thus breaking the Mosaic Law which forbade divination.
- He committed suicide when he realized that the philistines would defeat them in battle. This was a sin against God.
- He was not repentant of his mistakes.
- He took the best sheep and cattle from the Amalekites for self-gain; he cheated Samuel that he wanted to offer the animals as sacrifice to God.