Changes taking place on property ownership in traditional African communities
- women/children can now own property
- wealth is no longer determined by the number of wives/children.
- The introduction of money economy had reduced the value attached to land
- The roles of elders in sharing of property had been eroded.
- Land is individually owned through the issuance of title deeds.
- People write wills to share /decide who should inherit their property.
- Property can be owned outside one’s ancestral home
- Land can now be sold/auctioned.