Explain three reasons why some Rift Valley Lakes in Kenya are saline. (6marks)
- Some rivers and surface runoff flowing over volcanic rocks empty salt solutions in some lakes.
- Some lakes lack surface outlets in form of rivers which lead to accumulation of salts.
- Some lake beds are made of rocks rich in soluble salts where the lake water directly dissolves some salts thus increasing salinity.
- Some lakes are fed by springs rich in salty water which contributes to salinity.
- Some lakes are located in high temperature regions with high evaporation rates thus accumulation of salts.