Preparing a shaped collar ready for attachment.
- Put two layers of collars together R.S/1 facing matching the notches and fitting line
- Place interfacing /1 on top
- Tack along the fitting line leaving the neck edge free. /1
- Machine /1 the tacked fitting line
- Remove tacking’s
- Press and trim/1 the curved edge of the collar to within 5mm.
- Turn to R.S with the interfacing now in the middle /1sandwiched
- Put tacking stitches round the edge
- Press to knife/1 edge
- Use diagonal/1 tucking across the collar width.
people found this article helpful. What about you?