A pattern of a child’s skirt is provided. You are advised to study the sketches, the question paper, and the layout before the test.
INSTRUCTION TO SCHOOL
- The school should provide the following to the candidates:-
- Plain cotton fabric 50cm long by 91cm wide.
- Mercerized cotton sewing thread to match the fabric.
- Sufficient sewing equipment and tools.
- Pattern pieces
- Skirt front
- Skirt back
- Plain cotton fabric 50cm by 91cm.
- Mercerized sewing cotton thread to match the fabric.
NB: Use pattern piece C to cut interfacing for the waistband.
Using the materials provided, cut out and make up the right half of the skirt to show the following:
- Arranging the pleats on the skirt back.
- Making gathers on the skirt front
- Preparation and attaching the in-seam pocket
- Neatening the pocket’s raw edges
- Making the skirt side seam using an open seam
- Neatening the seam with edge stitching.
- Preparing the waistband using the interfacing
- Attaching the waistband to the skirt.
- Managing the lower hem of the skirt by slip hemming.
At the end of the examination, firmly sew on to your work on a single fabric a label bearing your name and index number.
Remove unwanted threads and pins from your work.