Explain six factors which promoted plantation farming in Europe during the agrarian revolution. (12mks)
- The invention of machines for extensive farming e.g. seedrill, iron hoe etc.
- Discovery of fertilizers which led to high yields / manure.
- Discovery of pesticides and fungicides which facilitated control of crops diseases.
- Improvement in transport especially the railway which facilitated transportation of bulky goods / farm products
- and farm workers.
- High demand for food by rapidly growing urban population.
- Demand for agricultural and industrial raw materials.
- Development of new breeds of crops as a result of research in agriculture.
- The enclosure acts / system pushed people out of rural areas and created room for plantation agriculture.