Explain six factors that enabled FREMLIMO to win liberation war in Mozambique. (12mks)
- Military strategy of attacking Portuguese posts simultaneously.
- Support from communist countries e.g. USSR and China.
- Used guerilla warfare in the heavily forested areas.
- Had support from the local people who joined the war, provided food, information and other necessities.
- Was familiar with the terrain unlike the Portuguese.
- Cultivated its own food.
- Its system of administration in liberated areas made it very popular and many Africans supported the front.
- The unity of Africans in fighting the Portuguese.
- It was supported by Independent African countries through the organization of African Unity (OAU).
- FRELIMO collaborated with freedom fighters from Southern Rhodesia and fought together
- against Portuguese bases in Mozambique.