Explain five reasons why the allied forces defeated the axis powers in the second world war. (10mks)
- They had many supporters and therefore a large army that outnumbered the Axis powers.
- Some of the conquered German territories turned against her and fought alongside the Allied forces.
- The entry of USA into the war on the side of allies boosted the allies with resources and military power.
- The Germans were fighting the war on many fronts e.g. the Russian front on the Mediterranean sea etc.
- The axis powers made serious mistakes and miscalculations e.g. Germans were ill equipped for the Russian winter.
- The axis powers suffered from a shortage of raw materials for sustaining their military and the economy.
- The allies had superior military strength e.g. they had the atomic bomb, the most superior weapon which no
- other country had by then.
- USSR recovered from her losses rearmed herself and attacked Germany.