State three factors that led to the development of multi-party democracy in Kenya in the early 1990s? (3 marks)
- International pressure on the government for democracy reforms.
- Pressure from individuals who had been expelled from KANU without political alternatives.
- Existence of people who were ready to push democratic agenda ahead.
- Introduction of multi-party democracy in other African counties.
- Disconnected within KANU.
- Rigging of 1988 General elections.
- Saitoti review committee of 1991.
- Repeal of section 2A of the constitution