Explain six measures that have been taken to enhance service delivery by the National Police Service. (12 marks)
- Employing more police officers to improve on the overall police to population ratio.
- Reviewing of the security organs training of security officers to make them more efficient in
- fighting crime.
- Providing modern equipment e.g. communication gadgets, forensic laboratory and arms.
- Increasing funding to security organs for purchase of motor vehicles for their daily operations
- Improving the conditions and terms of service for police officers.
- Increase surveillance along international boundaries by opening patrol bases and deploying
- more personnel to curb illegal entry into the country.
- Streaming lining the recruitment of personnel into the security organs to reflect the diversity of the Kenyan people.
- Involving members of public / Nyumba kumi initiative/hot lines.