Describe seven management practices that should be carried out on a vegetable nursery after sowing until the seedlings are ready for transplanting.
Nursery bed management practices.
- Mulching to conserve moisture
- Erection of a shade to minimize evapotranspiration.
- Weed control to reduce competition with seedlings.
- Pests and disease control to ensure healthy seedlings
- Pricking out to minimise competition.
- Watering to ensure adequate moisture supply.
- Hardening off/ removing shade/ reducing watering to acclimitise the seedlings to conditions in the field